Saturday, May 26, 2012

Army Wife Thanks Memorial Day Weekend

My husband, Shane, is active duty in the Army.  I don't show my appreciation for his service enough.  Poor Shane works _crazy_ long hours (I'm talking 18-24 hour days on occasion), travels on temporary assignments weekly, has deployed three times and deals with a level of stress most of us can not comprehend.  How do I show my appreciation?  "Shane,,, take out the trash!"  I guess that is marriage.... providing levity.... but I wanted to take this Memorial Day weekend to say thank you for his many sacrifices.



Brielle and Daddy at Shane's promotion.  I chose this picture because (a) Shane looks really cute (b) Brielle is demonstrating just how much we take such an honor for granted!




But,,, I did get him a big "Airborne" cake!  May I brag on my husband for a second?  Shane is an Airborne Ranger... pretty hot!




Plus,,, he gives his mother flowers. . .




and amazing hugs!




Sometimes this life can be very hard.
Brenden greeting Daddy at the airport after a long deployment.




Brielle and Bridget greeting Daddy!  He missed so many of their early months . . .





Brenden's sixth birthday.  Where was Daddy?  He misses so many milestones . . .




But,,, sometimes the military life can be very exciting!  Don't worry,,, the good outweighs the bad!  I just wanted to show Shane that I understand and respect his sacrifice.   




Your family loves you!  Honoring your service this Memorial Day weekend!


15 comments:

  1. What a great Memorial Day Thank You to your husband for his services! It's such a blessing to have people like him serving for us. Happy Memorial Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Shane _truly_ appreciates it when people recognize military service! Hope you enjoyed your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower from the Take 2 blog hop. I would love if you followed me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! Thank you so much for stopping by my page. I look forward to reading your blog :)

      Delete
  3. What great pics! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    Julie @ Naptime Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to your husband for all of his sacrifices!!

    I'm reading your pages now, you have so much helpful info. Thanks for sharing! PS We love Trader Joe's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camille,
      Isn't TJs the best??? :) Shane truly appreciates it when people acknowledge his service. I _always_ share such sentiments! Thanks so much Camille!

      Delete
  5. You found my blog on the blog hop and I am finally getting back to yours!!

    So many comments... first, LOVE the name Brielle! That has always been in our top 5 and I love seeing it on other cute little girls. Second, you are so cute! I love your writing and your blog is adorable. Third, you are so brave and amazing to be a military wife!!

    Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracie,,, thank you for visiting me! Your compliments have made my day! I've been stressed with our upcoming move (third in three years.... sigh....) and such thoughtfulness puts a huge smile on my face! :)

      Delete
  6. this post made me tear up. i cant imagine the times of distance. but i am glad you say the good outweighs the bad. =) the pics of your hubby and kids after deployment are so heartwarming. i actually just wrote a post on my blog dedicated to families like yours who sacrifice for all of us..=)
    you stopped by my facebook to "like" it the other day and i wanted to stop by and say hello, more personally.. =) better than just clicking "like" back, right? also followed your twitter, Im funnythingblog =)
    seriously, thanks so much for allowing your hubby to serve... what an honor..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie! What a such lovely comment! You warmed my heart!!! We are in the process of moving (again) this week (moving truck is literally out front), but when I have some more _TIME_ I want to visit your blog in depth :)

      Delete
  7. Daisy! Thanks for the follow. I'm a happy follower. I love supporting my fellow bloggers. As soon as our impending move to NC settles down I look forward to reading your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was an amazing and lovely post. It sounds like you are so very blessed with a wonderful husband and sweet children.

    Loved that I came by tonight and read this. It made me smile. :)

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami,
      Thank you for the kind words! I do feel blessed. Appreciate the visit :)

      Delete