When this occurs I turn to the smart phone (I phone in my case) App, MY NET DIARY PRO. In an effort to remain at optimal condition (based on my personal preference) tracking my macronutrients becomes an essential part of the day and this App has proven to be my favorite thus far.
There are countless"calorie counter" and "diet aid" App options for smart phones available to download. What makes MY NET DIARY PRO different? In my opinion:
1. It is the most user friendly App of its kind! Not all calories are created equally. Will you lose "weight" eating 1,000 calories of cake? Yes. Will you lose fat? Perhaps a little. Will you lose muscle tone and impair your health by sending your body into starvation mode? Yes. Now, ,,,, If you consume a proper amount of calories from plant matter and quality protein sources, will you change the composition of your body and improve your health? Yes! This easy to navigate program enables you to track (and graphs) your macronutrients.
2. The analytics are easy to understand and informative.
3. There is a barcode scanner and a 430,000 foods database. Plus, you are able to create custom foods and recipes.
4. Tracks your water intake, which is an INTEGRAL component to health, fitness and weight/fat maintenance.
5. Gives you carb, fat and protein "budgets" with percentages to help you achieve your goals.
If you decide to give MY NET DIARY PRO a try please let me know! I'd love to hear your success stories!